Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Laminating Concrete landing/step so that it stays in place.

NY

08-21-13, 10:53 AM   #1  
Laminating Concrete landing/step so that it stays in place.

Hi, I am Laminating my whole basement floor which for the most part seems strait forward. But, at the bottom of my basement stairs is a concrete landing/step about 3' x 3'6" and about 3" high.

I am worried that if I install it has a floating floor, it may just slide off when somebody steps on it. I do plan on putting quarter round
trim around the edges, but that may not keep in it place well enough. How do you think I should install it?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

VA

08-22-13, 04:52 AM   #2  
Quarter round molding will go against the step and wall, however, for the landing you will need a stair nose molding. The stair nose molding must be mechanically fastened to the concrete pad to keep it from moving. In your case, I would try to get an oak molding that is unfinished. Finish it to the color of your laminate. Drill and countersink so that you can attach it to the slab with screws. Pull some plugs from the excess molding and fill in the holes to cover the screw heads.

NY

08-22-13, 08:32 AM   #3  
Thanks, I actually have some matching stair nose molding, so I will give it a try

Search this Thread