Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

What to use instead of boarders?

Holderben's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 4

09-19-13, 10:12 AM   #1  
What to use instead of boarders?

I'm laying a wooden floor in a damp area but I can't place boarders which would normally cover the gaps between the floor and the wall.
You can see in the pic the silver damp proof underlayer in the gaps. Looks ugly.

Instead of boarders is there a 'wood filler' or some sort of breathable silicone to fill in the gaps?

Thanks for any advice.

Attached Images
Sponsored Links
marksr's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 42,787

09-19-13, 01:52 PM   #2  
I assume you mean you can't use baseboard. Can you explain why? base or quarter round attached to the wall is what you want to cover the gap

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

Search this Thread