Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Laminate Flooring in 24 x 44 Manufactured Home.

AZ

09-21-13, 04:38 PM   #1  
Laminate Flooring in 24 x 44 Manufactured Home.

I plan to install laminate flooring in a 1996 vintage manufactured home in the Living, Dining, and Kitchen areas of the following floor plan. One supplier questioned whether I might have an issue with the laminate where the two haves of the home join which is approx. where the short wall exists in the sketch. Will this really be an issue if I still meet the levelness requirements of the flooring Manufacturer?

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

VA

09-21-13, 05:54 PM   #2  
Laminates going to need transition strips where there's any doors. I'd never use it in a kitchen or bathroom.

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

09-22-13, 03:01 AM   #3  
If you lay your laminate across the short wall starting at the top of your drawing and proceed down you should have no problem with the home's expansion or contracting, since the floor is floating and will not be attached anywhere.

I would definitely not put laminate in a kitchen. Tile it. I would not put laminate anywhere, but you have your plans and I will answer your questions. I would install a good engineered flooring in 5/8" click lock if it were me. You will be leaving approximately 1/2" edge on your flooring to accommodate the flooring movement, and it should take care of the house joint. Your house is bolted together, so I really don't see much chance of movement anyway.

Search this Thread