where to tart laminate with 5' interior french door

Old 10-31-13, 08:25 AM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
where to tart laminate with 5' interior french door

Hello, I have read the other posts on where to start. I will be installing laminate flooring in our home office. The office is adjscent to our den, which will not have laminate flooring.

My question is where should I start the floor? Originally, I thought on the wall directly opposite of the 5" french door entry, but I got to thinking about how this might breakout. Specifically, where the laminate will end in relation to the den. I want the flooring to end directly under the french doors, when they are closed. .

So considering that, should I start at the french doors and work away? Or should I start at the opposite wall and plan on a potential "rip" of the final planks?

Ideas?

Mike

Old 10-31-13, 12:45 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
If you have two rooms separated by an archway, you want the floor to run parallel to the archway and plan on a rip to finish along with a transition piece to cap of the cut. However, not seeing your actual flooring and room set up, you can do it either way (parallel or perpendicular), however, start on a solid wall, not at the archway. You need a solid surface to steady the floor as you install.

Old 02-13-14, 07:00 AM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Got it. I installed it parallel to the archway. came out great. was tough to keep the initial few runs straight and not slide. but I was soon able to turn myself around and my weight on the flooring kept it from moving.

Thanks.

Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: