Splicing tongue and groove engineering flooring

Old 12-01-13, 07:56 PM
Splicing tongue and groove engineering flooring

Background
Installed Engineering Flooring in two separate rooms independent of each other.
At a later date I decided to install the laminate flooring in the hallway adjacent to the 2 rooms. Room A I could seamlessly link the boards to the hallway with no transition. Room B did not line up. to match the pattern properly I was required to cut off the groove since I required to insert a piece 3" wide of a full board.
On the left side the tongue fits in perfectly to the groove on the left adjacent board section. On the right since there is no groove on the 3" wide piece is elevated slightly above the board on the right side.

Problem
My problem is how to secure the 3" wide trimmed piece with the missing the groove seamlessly to the right laminate board

thank you!

Last edited by ntracs; 12-01-13 at 07:57 PM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-13, 02:36 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Welcome to the forums! At both transition points, you will need to install transition strips, leaving about 1" space for the strip to be attached to the subflooring. I doubt you will ever get things to marry up in an installation like that. You mentioned engineered flooring in two rooms and laminate in the hallway. Apples and oranges. Not sure how you got the two products to link up.

Search this Thread