Kitchen floor ideas....

Old 02-01-14, 09:10 AM
Kitchen floor ideas....

Hello...

We need ideas for a our kitchen floor. We remodeled our kitchen 7 years ago, granite, high-end finishes, etc... we made a mistake on the floor. We installed ceramic with fairly large grout lines.

We've found the floor is very hard to keep clean. Especially in our house. Our kitchen is very central to our house and gets a lot of traffic and activity. We also have 4 very young children so the floor see's a lot of dirt, food, etc. It is very hard to keep clean.

We'd like to install something new that is more cleanable. In fact, cleanable is the # 1 goal but appearance is also important. Ceramic is also very hard and not a great walking surface. We've thought about wood as we love the look but I'm not sure it would be an improvement in the cleanability factor. Also not sure it would hold up with spills and such.

What are good materials/products for this type of scenario?

Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-14, 04:49 PM
High quality sheet vinyl is my choice. Easy on the feet, easy to clean, fairly quiet. Lots of colors and patterns to choose from. The one thing it does NOT like is chair legs scraping across the surface. I've seen vinyl flooring destroyed by chair legs in a matter of months. If you need the chairs then get ones with wide rubber casters.

Old 02-01-14, 08:23 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I agree, sheet vinyl is a great choice.