Marks In Refinished Floors.

Old 02-02-14, 09:08 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Marks In Refinished Floors.

60 Year old house with oak wood floors.

I just had them refinished two weeks ago, and they look great. I left them natural, with two coats of polyurethane.

Yesterday, I was moving an armoire in that weighed about 150 lbs. Before we brought it in, I put felt feet on the legs to protect the floors. As we were sliding it, it was so heavy I became concerned, and decided to put towels under it, as well.

After we got it moved into the bedroom, I noticed tracks from where we'd moved it. I tried washing them off with a microfiber towel and water, but it made no difference.

Looking closely at them, the marks appear to be in the finish, only. The floors themselves aren't scratched.

Ironically, the area of the floors where we slid the armoire with only the felt feet on aren't marked, so it appears the towels I put down to offer extra protection were what actually caused the damage.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get those marks out?

Thanks

I just had them refinished

Old 02-02-14, 11:26 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
You might be able to buff or wax them out.

Old 02-02-14, 11:36 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
Same as above. Can also try a buffing w/ a scratch remover.

Old 02-02-14, 12:13 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking that, but I didn't want to do anything until I got some advice.

Are y'all thinking buffing by hand, or with a buffer? Are there any specific products you'd recommend?

Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: