Installing end cap

Old 06-01-14, 08:31 PM
Installing end cap

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  38.1 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  38.1 KBInstalled laminate in the basement. I put down a moisture barrier and ran it up the wall 2 inches all the way around. I want to put down the end caps at the exterior door but wondering how to secure them? I was originally going to use construction adhesive to the concrete but since I have the moisture barrier running up the wall and taped I really can't glue the end cap to the moisture barrier. How can I secure the end cap? Would it be okay to fold down the moisture barrier that runs up the exterior door frame 2 inches? Also not an underground basement it's a walkout.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-14, 03:14 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Cut the moisture barrier flush with the floor so you can install base molding. You did leave at least 1/2" gap at the walls, right? Is this laminate or engineered flooring? Curious.

Old 06-02-14, 04:17 AM
12 mm laminate. Yes 1/2 inch all the way around

Old 06-02-14, 04:19 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Not bad looking laminate. I have laid similar 5/8" click lock engineered flooring. So just trim all your excess underlayment. You aren't building a pool, just a breathing pattern for the flooring as well as some cushion.

Old 06-02-14, 11:58 AM
Just a moisture barrier, the padding is attached to the flooring. Thanks for the help. It came out great very happy with it.