Dip in the floor, and self leveling product available?

Old 06-27-14, 10:24 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Dip in the floor, and self leveling product available?

Redoing a 100 year old row house. Putting in 2 1/4 T & G . Usually I rip out the sub floor and sister 2X8s to the joists to make everything nice and flat. Well, that option is not easy this time and I'm running out of time. Anybody know if they make a self-leveling product usable on wood floors similar to self leveling cement. I have a 1 1/8" deflection in the middle of the 12 foot joists. I would really like to get it to less than 1/2 inch. Using shims will be tough as the room is 28' x 12' . Subfloor is 1" pine with 1/4"th plywood on top. Thank you for reading.
Scott

Old 06-28-14, 08:27 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
No self leveling compound will withstand the impact of cleats/staples. It will crumble. 1 1/8" is a mountain! From my standpoint, there would be no other option than to correct the flooring aberration first, but I understand time constraints.

Old 06-30-14, 08:59 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I was hoping there was some magic epoxy thing out there......Well, there is, but it is $125 a gallon. I spent the whole day with the electric hand planer, a square of shims, a 20 ton jack and a kangaroo and got it down to a 1/4". Thanks for taking the time.
Scott

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: