Delta fl

Old 07-27-14, 08:00 AM
Delta fl

Basement flooring
I used 1" foam insulation on my concrete walls then I built a 2x4 wall 2" away from the foam . My walls are already sheet rocked. I bought some delta fl and plan on using lamanite flooring over that. My issue is that the directions say to run fl under the wall, and I can't do that now. Is there abything I can do now??? . I don't have a water issue in my basement
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-14, 07:19 AM
DELTA-FL Installation

Hi Polcat:

Here is what we recommend for your situation.
If you put polyethylene under the base plate of your wall to separate it from the concrete, simply lift the extra that is sticking out and slide the FL underneath. Proceed with regular installation of the FL by taping the seams in the field. No additional perimeter sealing necessary. Place the foam or underlay recommended by the flooring manufacturer and install the floor.
In any area where you do not have the polyethylene or if you do not have the polyethylene, place the FL as close to the wall as you can and seal the perimeter with a low expansion foam. There are numerous brands on the market (Dow Great Stuff is an example). Proceed with your flooring installation.
Hope this helps!

Last edited by Shadeladie; 07-28-14 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Advertising not allowed
Old 08-06-14, 04:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lFvJhR9x6s
Found this video for you. Not exactly the answer you asked for but like barrett said it looks like the low expansion foam will work fine. Your trying to create a barrier under the floor so as long as that gap is blocked you should be good to go.