where to start laying laminate flooring

Old 08-06-14, 07:06 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
where to start laying laminate flooring

I'm just finally getting around to installing my laminate flooring i bought 8 months ago. I'm really starting to second guess some of my ideas so I wanted some advice on where do you thing I should start my installation at. I've attached a basic pic of my layout of where the floor will go and the direction I would like to lay it. The brown lines are where the laminate will be installed and the line direction is the direction i would prefer to lay it.

I really appreciate any help and advice you can give.Name:  house layout.jpg
Views: 4981
Size:  12.8 KB

Old 08-07-14, 03:44 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Good luck with the laminate. Each room will be laid independently of each other with transition strips between the rooms. You may can do the dining room and living room at one movement starting on the south wall of your drawing. The others are too chopped up and back laying laminate is seldom successful.

Old 08-08-14, 07:52 PM
D
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
thanks for the reply, i definitely want to to keep the dining and living room in one section. however my biggest challenge is my wife does not want transition strips. I've read in countless places saying you have to use them, but I've seen some images where they were not used while changing the direction. Some have said you just have to trim the tongue or groove a little and use some glue in the seam. What do you guys think?

Old 08-09-14, 03:54 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Ask why I don't like laminate. There will be absolutely no way to install what you have without transition strips. I am sure you are choosing laminate for the cost. That's fine. Using 5/8" or so engineered click lock flooring will give you the look you want without all the transition strips. Staple/cleat 3/4" hardwood flooring will be rock solid and can be refinished. Laminate flooring is nothing more than HDF with a picture of wood on it coated with aluminum oxide. It is your choice, but I want you to have good information to work from.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: