Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Flooring, Floor Coverings and Coatings Center > Solid Hardwood, Engineered and Laminate Flooring
Reload this Page >

Do I need to finish floating floor before moving piano back to it's resting spot

Do I need to finish floating floor before moving piano back to it's resting spot

Old 09-30-14, 11:02 AM

We are getting ready to lay a 3/8" engineered maple floor (click-lock) in two rooms. Our piano is currently in the office which is sunk. The piano is a 1970's spindle so it's not a monster but dragging it up two stairs will be a pain and I have a concern about getting it back down without scratching or denting the floor.

My question is can we just move the piano to the other side of the room and move it back when the floating floor is 3/4 complete or will the weight make the boards separate if we move it before the floor is finished?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-14, 03:22 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You are fine, move the piano to the end of the room and lay the floor up to it. Be careful when you move the piano onto the finished floor as you do not want to damage the click lock mechanism. Use several layers of cardboard and maybe some scrap flooring to make a small ramp. Look into padded furniture disks that you can put under the legs to allow you to slide it across the floor.

Old 09-30-14, 04:19 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Use the felt ones and make sure you have swept all dust and dirt out of way. A small piece of sand will cause a scratch.