Three Seasons Room in NJ, what flooring to use?

Old 11-01-14, 04:57 PM
T
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Three Seasons Room in NJ, what flooring to use?

I have a three seasons room off the kitchen. 23x10. It's a concrete floor, currently carped, sits about 2 feet higher then ground level.
I've been looking at various flooring, but most want a stable climate. Here in NJ, that room can be upwards of 90 during a heat wave and easily get down below freezing in the winter. The room is totally enclosed and dry.

Any suggestions on flooring that would stand up to those conditions, aside from tile? Would like something in a wood tone or texture.

Thanks in advance!

Old 11-01-14, 06:33 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I would look into Allure. It is quite hardy, easy to install and has a wood grain to it.

Old 11-02-14, 06:18 AM
T
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Thanks Chandler, already looked at it, even had samples. The installation manual says must be used in a climate controlled environment to minimize expansion and contraction of the product.

That's definately not going to work here.

Old 11-02-14, 11:35 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Then you definitely don't want a wood product in there. I know you said no to tile, but I just installed this in our hallway, and it looks super. Daltile, Parkwood Cherry 7 in. x 20 in. Ceramic Floor and Wall Tile (10.89 sq. ft. / case), PD14720HD1P2 at The Home Depot - Tablet

Old 11-02-14, 11:58 AM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The new harder vinyl floorings (traffic master etc.) seem pretty nice. I'm considering it for a basement bathroom. It does come in "wood" looks as well and has a beveled edge to make it look less like vinyl. I'm going with a concrete look and grouting it. My aunt just put the vinyl wood in her kitchen and likes it very much. Another thought would be to have the concrete stamped and or stained. Grouted river rock is really pretty too!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: