No Glue Laminate Floors

Old 03-21-01, 05:13 PM
Visiting Guest
I plan to replace the flooring in my kitchen and after a great deal of research, I have decided to go with a no glue "click-together" laminate flooring. I plan to do the job myself, and the ease of installation and cost effectiveness makes this attractive to me.

My question is - Does anyone have feedback regarding different brands, performance comparisons, concerns, etc.? I have found that Pergo is one of the most economical, but I have seen several concerns with Pergo floors in general (not sure if the no glue floors are the same). Any advice would be much appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-01, 06:37 PM
AzFred
Visiting Guest
The Pergo Presto is made in a German factory that is different than the factory that makes the balance of the Pergo laminate line. Earlier Pergo products did Not use an HDF substrate. The Presto substrate is HDF. Earlier Pergo products had a much, much, bigger market share although the market was smaller. Because there was more Pergo sold there were more Pergo complaints from a less techonlogicaly advanced product than now. There were also more satisfied customers. The early Pergo laminates (Glue Assembly) were installed by Pro's and DIYer's most of the complaints that I am aware of came NOT from the certified Pro's but from the DIY sector. The Pergo Presto uses the Uniclic assembly system which is tested, tried and proven. The Uniclic system provides much tighter joints than the "other" patented system. Test data is available. Hope this helps......