Kronotex AC5 laminate questions

Old 02-02-15, 08:21 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kronotex AC5 laminate questions

Ive been looking at Kronotex AC5 laminate style Amazone. I cant find much info on it but Ive also come across other "options" Honestly I have no idea what Im doing. I definately need an AC5 thanks to kids, their toys and the pets. We will be installing this on our own as well. It will be replacing the carpet in the living room. Last time we installed laminate was 2001 and laminate is so different now. Looking for recommendations for products to look into. Thanks in advance. PS Im in Canada and I know some American stuff we cant get here.

Old 02-02-15, 02:34 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I googled it and a wealth of information came up. AC5 is the hardness factor of the finish, going anywhere from AC3 to AC6. If you MUST do laminate opt for click lock rather than glue up. Laminate is only MDF with a picture of wood on it and a coating of finish. It may stand up to the kids and dogs as far as the finish goes, but beware of spills as they are the death of laminates. With engineered click lock flooring, at least you can refinish is a couple of times should it get scratched. With laminate you either have to live with it, or replace the flooring.

Let us know if you need more information or help with the flooring.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: