Bubbles in floormuffler

Old 06-02-15, 02:54 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bubbles in floormuffler

I am trying to install a floating floor. I bought The floormuffler underlayment from homedepot and noticed it was starting to bubble in some areas. I just stapled the underlayment down. Should i be concerned about the bubbles? I havent installed the flooring yet

Old 06-02-15, 03:07 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! You don't staple down the underlayment. It floats just like the flooring does. It may be why it is buckling on you. Remove the staples and re-lay the underlayment, using the tape edge to continue as you go. Prudent roll out of the underlayment will minimize buckling.

Old 06-02-15, 03:23 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Don't roll out the entire room in advance, only a little bit in front of the installation. If you have a tape seam, then work out one row of underlayment at a time. If, like most underlayment, there is not a tape seam. Hold the edges together with duct tape. Try not to stretch the underlayment either as that leads to buckling. Also, throw a piece of tape over the tear where you had staples previously after you remove the staple completely.

Errant staples could lead to crackling noises or a less than quiet floor down the road.

Old 06-05-15, 08:39 PM
D
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
thank you!

I removed the staples and rerolled it. That took care of the buckling issue. It's only a 100 square foot room so it's hard not to roll out the entire room

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: