Hardwood Floor, Biggest Mess Ever

Old 07-08-15, 10:28 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hardwood Floor, Biggest Mess Ever

I'm about to try and DIY a lot of my house and I'm doing extensive research beforehand. My biggest problem is the wood floor in my living room! Its a mess with scratches and cripes and dents, and when I say a mess Im talking every square foot is covered.
I moved in here 2 years ago and the floor was already laid, I have no idea what type it is or anything, I just know that with cats, furniture scraping over the floor, general scratches and other events its gotten terrible. Ive been ill for some time so I haven't paid much attention.
Ive been told it all needs sanding out and then waxing, but I have a feeling its more than that.

Old 07-09-15, 02:49 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! You may want to fill out your profile so we can know where you are located. Often times local information can be given that would save a lot of time and energy. It would also help if you were to post a couple of pictures showing what you have. That way we can see what you see. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html

Old 07-09-15, 03:32 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
Ive been told it all needs sanding out and then waxing, but I have a feeling its more than that.
Sanding is the only way to get rid of the scratches/dents but normally you'd restain [or not] and apply 2-3 coats of poly, not wax. Look forward to seeing the pics.

Old 07-09-15, 08:06 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
We'll wait on the pictures but be warned that not all 'wood' flooring can be sanded.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: