How to fix scuffs on hardwood polyurethane

Old 03-04-16, 09:46 PM
A
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How to fix scuffs on hardwood polyurethane

The hardwood floors in my home were refinished last year, and I accidentally made some marks in the polyurethane. I was working on my hands and knees with my boots on, and the metal shoe lace covers on my boots made some scuffs on the floor. To me it looks like only the polyurethane is damaged, and the wood itself is fine. How would I go about fixing this? I looked on google briefly, and one site says to try waxing the scuffs. Anyone know of something better to try? I'm a little nervous about doing any kind of sanding on the floors, so I would like to avoid that, if possible. Thank you[

There is probably a 2'x2' area with a bunch of these small marks, I've only attached two close up pictures of a couple marks.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  30.4 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  18.5 KB

Old 03-05-16, 03:10 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
Buffing is best when you can't feel the damage with your fingers but that looks deeper. If so it would be best to sand and apply fresh poly to the individual boards affected. Applying poly to individual boards [not overlapping to the adjoining board] reduces the likelihood of the touch up showing.

Old 03-06-16, 08:45 PM
A
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You have helped me a lot here, so I wanted to say thank you! But I needed to type more than 25 characters to reply . Hope I'm not breaking any rules by looking for ways to type more than 25 characters

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: