Floor install adjust flexibility

Old 03-06-16, 02:12 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Floor install adjust flexibility

Hello,

Because of doggie and propensity for marring, have decided on laminate or engineered flooring......

Have rooms: 12x25, 13x25 and the one am most concerned about is 45x22.

The largest one has 1/2" difference where actual is 45X22 on one end to 45x22 1/2 on the other end...The other large rooms have one precise and the other problem has a lengthwise difference of 1/4".

Since they'll have baseboards and I intend to install myself, how much compensation can I expect and will I be able to adjust along the way to make it disgustingly precise. Concisely, is there any tiny bit of flexibility in the flooring itself to pull/push however slightly adjust the difference along the way to make it come out even.......Went to Lowes, clicked a sample together and wasn't too encouraged.

Good advice gratefully accepted...

Flbuild.....

Central FLorida

Old 03-06-16, 02:40 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Send a link to the actual flooring. Laminate in excess of 35 feet usually needs an expansion joint. Opt for a factory finish and look specifically to the warranty of the actual product as it pertains to pet scratches. Most will not cover them which means that the floor will scratch if your dogs are actual dogs who like to have fun.

Old 03-06-16, 05:14 PM
J
Received 125 Upvotes on 110 Posts
Slab foundation?
Considered tile?

Old 03-09-16, 09:14 PM
R
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
how much compensation can I expect and will I be able to adjust along the way to make it disgustingly precise. Concisely, is there any tiny bit of flexibility in the flooring itself to pull/push however slightly adjust the difference along the way to make it come out even......
From my current experience with laminate 'click and lock' (tongue and groove) there is zero flexibility for any adjustment.

Old 03-09-16, 09:20 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,646 Upvotes on 1,474 Posts
Fretting over 1/4" to 1/2" in a room thats 45'x22' is pretty laughable, if I can say so without going down in flames.

If, by 22 1/2, you mean 22' 6"... that's a different story.

Old 03-09-16, 10:29 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Well fl, you have done your homework and figured how the floor will lay out.
I just want to ditto sleeper and say this is not an issue even though there is no flex or give. It's actually a pretty square room.

You wouldn't believe how out of square some houses can be. I have stories

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: