Tips before laying down laminate flooring

Old 11-13-16, 10:03 AM
Tips before laying down laminate flooring

Hi, I have never layed down any kind of,flooring and want to make sure I do it right. Question about what I should do under the moulding I have lifted. There is a lot of debris down in the crack and black spotting. I am going to vacuum it out as best I can and clean some black spotting however I want to make sure I take everything into consideration before putting the flooring down and the new moulding on. If I check the moisture level and it is fine is that all I should do? Should I do anything else? Spray vinegar in there or baking soda? Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-16, 10:15 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
It would help if we could see what you see. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html

Before you settle on laminate in a potentially moist area, evidenced by your description, you may want to consider a better grade of engineered click lock flooring for your application. Laminate is nothing more than medium density fiberboard with a picture of wood on top and aluminum oxide as a finish. It won't fare well in moist areas and if chipped, it can only be repaired by replacing it.