Tips on Laminate flooring install after linoleum torn out

Old 11-20-16, 01:57 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Tips on Laminate flooring install after linoleum torn out

hi, I have ripped up my linoleum floor and have two micro-thin layers I have scraped up in parts of the kitchen to get an idea of how much mold is underneath. First question is, should I be concerned with the black spots if the area is dry? Second question is, these two layers are very hard to scrape up, do you think both need to be scraped up before I install the laminate flooring?

Old 11-20-16, 02:34 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
If you are talking about the black spot in the center of the first picture, I don't think you will have a worry about that. If you are installing laminate, the surface will need to be smoother than what is pictured. It may take a floor sander to remove the swirl glue and residual paper backing. I would opt for a random orbit floor sander, since they are easier to use. How thick of a laminate will you be installing, and what vapor barrier have you settled on? Remember if there is any hint of possible water damage, laminate is not the way to go. It is merely MDF with a picture of wood pasted on top and a few coats of Aluminum Oxide as a finish. It will swell with moisture.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: