removed closet sliding doors now have 3 holes in the laminate flooring....?

Old 01-23-17, 11:46 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
removed closet sliding doors now have 3 holes in the laminate flooring....?

So i removed the closet sliding doors and the track that was on the lfoor and under the track there are 3 holes about 4" x 4" squares one on each side and one in the middle. Its a floating laminate flooring. What can i do about covering these squares ? is there like a rubber peal and stick transition or something? i guess i can cut a piece of wood and lay it all the way across and glue it to the laminate, but not sure.

I just have curtains now in place of what were sliding doors.

Any ideas would be great. not trying to spend alot of money on this either.

thanks in advance.

Old 01-23-17, 04:42 PM
C
Received 169 Upvotes on 137 Posts
I assume you don't have any spare pieces of flooring that could be used for a repair?

If you don't mind having a raised threshold strip, you could use something like this:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/M-D-Buildin...e-0ff893f2872a

I would fasten it to a single strip of flooring if possible allowing it to expand and contract independently of the floor. And use short screws so they don't penetrate all the way through the flooring. You could use construction adhesive I suppose, but then it couldn't be removed without damaging the flooring. Screws would only leave tiny holes.

If you don't want a raised threshold, you could cut out a strip of flooring including the holes you have now, and insert a piece of hardwood that is just a little taller than the flooring. You would want the edges rabbeted so the flooring slides underneath the lip.

Last but not least...insert squares of contrasting wood or flooring and call it a "feature".

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: