What can I do about warped hardwood flooring?

Old 04-05-17, 01:28 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 118
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
What can I do about warped hardwood flooring?

Ok, so I had a dog who since passed away who in her old age had problems holding it so therefore started pee'ing on our wood floors, which I believe was engineered hardwood. We have a few spots where the seams are where the wood started rising or warping. Do I have to re-do the whole floor or is there a way I can just replace the warped panels, if I can bring in a sample of a panel to try and match with a supplier, or is it highly unlikely I can do that? I'm thinking the challenge is the slats are interlocked and therefore would be more difficult to replace one slat, right? Or is there a way to flatten the wood out again?
Old 04-05-17, 02:32 PM
pugsl's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: United States
Posts: 8,161
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Pictures would be helpful but if engineered floor usually not to much can be done.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: