Laminate flooring questions- doofus strikes again

Old 04-26-17, 02:22 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Laminate flooring questions- doofus strikes again

Okay, so yesterday I am helping my son-in-law move some stuff and we used a piano dolly that I've used before. I've used it on wood and vinyl flooring and the wheels have never "marked" anything I've rolled them on in the past.

But during the course of the conversation he used the word "laminate," and apparently laminate is different. You naturally know where this is headed...

After we rolled the piano in I looked and the floor showed "tracks" where the wheels had rolled. Dang!

Then I looked and there are other slight depressions on the surface, but nothing like the trail left by the wheels on that dolly. Again, I have not had this experience in the past with vinyl or wood.

So here are my questions:

1. Will the depressions gradually "spring" back on their own?

2. Will heat and a bit of finger-tip massaging help?

3. If neither 1 or 2 are probable, what are the options for filling or repairing the depressions?

Moral of this story: past good experience does not always equate to good experience today.

Thanks in advance for insight, wisdom, and commentary.

Old 04-26-17, 04:32 PM
R
Received 67 Upvotes on 52 Posts
1. No

2. No

3. There are none.

Old 04-26-17, 04:51 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Sorry you had the experience with laminate, but it is laminate. It will never turn into hardwood flooring and the damage you did is permanent. Hindsight would have had a layer of plywood under the dolly while you rolled it.

Old 05-01-17, 08:47 AM
B
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks to you both for the feedback. I'll take another look at the flooring and plot a replacement move from there.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: