Replacing rug with laminate questions

Old 10-11-17, 02:56 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Replacing rug with laminate questions

Good afternoon,

I want to install laminate (pergo I guess) to replace my carpet in the living room and dining room. First idiot question is what do I do with my stuff that is in the room already. I don't have the room to really move all my stuff to another room. I was thinking I could move stuff to one half of the house/room and when the opposite side is done then I can move all my stuff stuff to the newly completed side but I am concerned that the floor will not properly sit correctly. Thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-11-17, 03:02 PM
D
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
It can be done that way but it sure makes the job slower. Can you move some of it outside or to a garage?

Old 10-11-17, 03:23 PM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
That is how I do rooms with big furniture, a pain, but something that you have to deal with!

Old 10-14-17, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator
Received 391 Upvotes on 319 Posts
A neighbor rented a UHaul truck and put everything in there.

Last edited by Shadeladie; 10-14-17 at 07:25 AM.
Old 10-14-17, 09:26 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 37 Upvotes on 31 Posts
On a nice day, we just set in in the yard.

Old 10-14-17, 02:16 PM
J
Pick up some furniture sliders. Some have plastic bottoms for sliding over the carpets. Some of these also come with a carpet type padding which you can cover the plastic side with when you have to slide the furniture over the laminate. If you have really heavy pieces you can put these on furniture dollys that you can roll around the room to move them out of your way.

Old 10-15-17, 08:22 AM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
I work alone, so it is furniture sliders and a hand truck. Move everything as far away as possible, begin installation of the floor. When you have sufficient flooring installed, start transferring furniture over to the other side. Be very cautious not to crush the click lock mechanism on your flooring. Use cardboard or scraps of flooring to protect the live edges. Particularly important for heavy things like refrigerators and stoves.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: