Install laminate over tile and remove carpet?

Old 03-23-18, 04:45 AM
Install laminate over tile and remove carpet?

Hi, I'm thinking of installing laminate throughout one whole floor (living room, dining room, kitchen). However the area has brand new tile and carpet so I feel bad if we took it all out to install laminate.

-Can I install laminate over tile? Reason I want to keep the tile in the kitchen is to keep it more waterproof if there are spills through the laminate in the kitchen or entryway (rain). Am I on the wrong track?

-Should I rip out the carpets and install laminate? Do you think it'll be seamless laminate flooring throughout the floor or different heights?

Or... Can i also install laminate over the carpet as well? It seems like it might be too bouncy but I'm not sure. Mold is not an issue. It's brand new carpet.

​​​​​​I've attached some photos. Driving myself crazy and need to make a decision asap. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-18, 06:05 AM
You can not install laminate over carpet, you might get away with it over tile but if you are doing the entire house you would not want different levels so everything should come out!