crowning

Old 05-16-01, 11:54 PM
Visiting Guest
I need some help. I have a problem with crowning in my restaurant. I have a concrete slab, and I believe water from my bar got to my floor. It's bubbled up pretty good, too much to sand down. I was thinking about screwing it down or shooting it down, then repairing the hole and refinishing. ALso. I have problems with the finish in some traffic areas. I wanted to know if anybody could geive me suggestions so I don't have to call a pro every time I get a little wear. Thanks,
Mike

Old 05-18-01, 01:24 PM
Elite Flooring/Ken Fisher
Visiting Guest
Exclamation

Mike:

Restaurant, concrete slab? It sounds like there is plywood on the slab and 3/4" solid is nailed to it? In any event I wouldn't try the screwing or shooting, as the floor needs room to expand and contract. Your idea would prevent that and cause more problems.

I'd get some heavy duty fans on the area when the place is closed up and let 'em run full tilt. Dry the areas out and see what happens, as it may flatten out, given the proper time. As far as finish wear in traffic areas, you'll probably notice that before any customer.

Alot depends on what you desire Mike?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: