Vinyl plank or Pergo Everlast?

Old 08-26-18, 06:49 AM
Received 5 Votes on 3 Posts
Vinyl plank or Pergo Everlast?

Ready to lay down my great room floor - living kitchen entry area. Still on the fence on using the latest 7mm vinyl plank or the new Pergo 10mm everlast? I used vinyl plank when it came out years ago and it was bad... ripped it out. The sales guy said he preferred the vinyl. I'd like it to be water- and dog-proof.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-18, 07:21 AM
Reading online about this... one thing that was mentioned is the click factor. Plastic flooring is a bit thinner and may sound 'clicky.' The thicker 'wood flooring' has a better feel when walking on it, and may be better for my imperfect sub floor.

Old 08-28-18, 08:15 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 168 Votes on 149 Posts
Before he died, my BiL installed Pergo in their house [don't know what line] That was about 10 yrs ago. Her floors still look great although she doesn't have any pets. Other than that I don't really have any experience with either flooring type.

Old 08-28-18, 03:06 PM
Received 9 Votes on 7 Posts
Thicker vinyl click lock with a PVC core and cork back is an excellent product. Requires no expansion gaps other than the perimeter of the room and you can do a complete floor in one continuous lay (if you are skilled enough to not go off square). The one I did for a client was great. Can't give you a brand name as it had proprietary name to one specific company. But if you google the 3 layers together, you should get some hits.

If you PM me, we can see if you have this specific retailer in your area.

Old 08-28-18, 05:20 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I like the vinyl planks that stick to each other and free float. Home Depot and Loews have them.

Old 09-03-18, 08:43 AM
Went with the new 10mm 'waterproof' Pergo. Pergo goes together different from others (angle-angle) so it's been more intense fitting together... built a long tap block to help.