How flat does a concrete floor have to be?

Old 06-27-19, 08:01 AM
U
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How flat does a concrete floor have to be?

I'm installing laminate with an under layer over a concrete floor. The previous floor was carpet over a mix of vinyl tiles and bare concrete. The nail beds came out mostly fine, i have holes to patch now, but theres also a ring of nails around the room, about 6in in that is left over from the vinyl.

It's hard to get under them with my tools, and as i don't want more holes, I've been using a dremel on the higher nails. It's time consuming, so i was curious if nails that stick up under a certain height i could skip and have no problems with my laminate.

Some of these are tight, the hight of the metal end of my tape measurer. Others stick out about 3/8 a centimeter.

Which ones can i ignore and skip cutting down?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-19, 08:24 AM
Received 354 Votes on 330 Posts
Your asking a very technical question that is highly dependent on the material YOU are using.

IMO should be nothing suspect, anything less than that you probably should contact the manufacture.

Old 06-27-19, 09:26 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 595 Votes on 549 Posts
Get an angle grinder to remove any protruding nails. They are pretty inexpensive and works a whole lot faster than a Dremel. You can even use it to knock down bumps or high spots in the concrete though it's extremely dusty.

slynch401k voted this post useful.