Flooring Thoughts

Old 02-20-20, 08:05 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Flooring Thoughts

We want to replace the carpet in our master bedroom with wood flooring and accent with area rugs. The problem is that we have 3 Springer Spaniels (around 35 pounds each) and would like suggestions for the specifications for wood flooring (including laminate or other new materials) that would most likely withstand the stress the dogs would put on the floor. They are groomed regularly and their nails trimmed. What should we look for besides the appearance in flooring when we go shopping? Appreciate your thoughts.

Old 02-21-20, 06:29 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,153 Upvotes on 1,928 Posts
I don't think you will have trouble with any pre-finished wood flooring or with laminate.

Old 02-21-20, 09:05 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
Dogs of that size will scratch and mar the finish of any wood floor!

We have wood floors and two dogs, 85# & 12#, all we dd was put down runners throughout the house so they can avoid the wood.

Dogs do not like wood floors so they will avoid if an option exists!

Old 02-21-20, 09:16 AM
C
Received 350 Upvotes on 293 Posts
I agree with Pilot Dane with a caution - if you go with pre-finished hardwood make sure you get the correct one. Do your research. We had pre-finished in our kitchen and it did not hold up. We also had it in a hallway (a different brand) and it was pretty much impervious to anything.

Our master bedroom, dining room and living room had typical poly finished hardwood floors and they scratched easily.

Old 02-27-20, 03:18 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks to all for your comments and suggestions. I am always amazed at how much expert help is so freely offered on this site. We will do our homework before we make a final decision.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: