laminate floor installation ideas

Old 07-08-20, 08:58 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
laminate floor installation ideas

Hello everyone, I am planning to remove the carpet and install laminate floor in the bedrooms and hallway. Would like to hear your advice on the orientation of the laminate floor. Which one of the opt.1 and opt.2 is better? Or are there other alternatives? Besides, I'd like to know what is the best practice to transit at the laminate floor/carpet stair interface.

Thanks!

Old 07-08-20, 09:10 PM
Group Moderator
Received 854 Votes on 782 Posts
Doorways are kind of a pain in the rear to lay laminate under. So I tend to think about where to start, and what would be easiest to lay. I will typically lay a t moulding directly under each closed door which separates each room. And start at a doorway and work away from it. So you undercut all the casing and jambs with a multitool and a scrap of laminate as a gauge.

So due to the location of your doorways, I would probably go with option 1.

At the stairs they make several kinds of laminate nosing that you can use at the stairs. Depends on what brand and color you are using... but you will need to use a stair nose there. Option 1 will be less troublesome in that area as well.

Old 07-08-20, 10:57 PM
Received 462 Votes on 430 Posts
You tend to want the flooring to lay perpendicular to the line of sight (down the hall) so including what XS stated option 1 would be the best!

But I would also caution laminate, it's really cheap crap and a lot of folks regret installing!

Old 07-09-20, 08:42 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you, guys! Much appreciated!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: