Laminate flooring install cost

Old 07-12-20, 05:32 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Laminate flooring install cost

Hello everyone, this isn't exactly on topic as I'm not doing it myself, but I'm not sure where to ask! I'm having laminate flooring installed in a small suite in my house (275 sqf). Home Depot quoted $3,600 CAD as they needed to level the floor etc to meet manufacturers requirements. I looked elsewhere and have someone quoting $1,100 for install and I buy underlay and laminate flooring (about $700), remove carpet dispose of it. Is that reasonable? I don't really have anything to compare against. Thanks so much!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-20, 06:17 PM
Group Moderator
Received 582 Votes on 535 Posts
Your right, this is a diy site. We dont give quotes, and estimates will vary wildly from one part of the country to the other, so anything we might say could be off dramatically.

That being said, I just did a similar job, same scenario. My bill was $1550... but half the job was a staircase.

Old 07-12-20, 10:37 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 94 Votes on 83 Posts
Best practice is to solicit bids from three or more local contractors so you can compare and ask questions.

Old 07-13-20, 11:29 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 14 Votes on 11 Posts
Be very careful of big box stores.quality of installation can vary widely. So can installation quotes. Local stores and/or independent installers are what I would use.