Source for laminate strips

Old 06-13-01, 09:44 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
I am repairing the sides/edges of a conventional desk that is plastic laminate covered. Can anyone direct me to a supplier of "formica" type laminate strips? The required strips would measure 1" or 2" wide X 36" or 48" long - walnut/dark walnit finish.

Thank you, Rick
Old 06-13-01, 11:29 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

There website shows samples of the patterns available.

You could try your custom cabinet shops for scraps they might be willing to part with.

You could go to a custom cabinet shop and have them order laminate for you.

You could go to Home Depot/Lowes/etc. and have them order some for you. Or you could look in their laminate section and they may have some iron on edge banding in a pattern you could tolerate.
Old 06-13-01, 12:28 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Could be Formica, Wilsonart, Nevamar, Pionite, or an import, Could be one of 50 to 100 different walnut colors. Few cabinet shops use walnut laminate but desk manufacturers us a lot of walnut. The point of all of this is that finding a match will be difficult at best. If there is a label in one of the drawers, usually a top drawer, you may have success in getting a piece to cut into edge banding. The other option would be appling a whole new top ans then edging with the offal

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: