3/8 inch prefinished hardwood flooring

Old 06-16-01, 11:04 AM
Visiting Guest
Hello

I am preparing to apply 3/8 inch prefinished hardwood flooring strips to my plywood subfloor, which is on uneven joists. After reading volumes on how to apply it, I have come to the conclusion that my best approach is to treat it just like a regular hardwood floor, which I have experience with. My plan is to even up the subflooring as much as possible, tack down maybe 10 or 20 pound roofing tar paper, lay a starter course, which I will have to face nail, then proceed as usual. Is there anything else I should know, or any reason not to proceed in this manner? By the way, I have located a pneumatic hardwood nailer just for 3/8 inch strips. I am a 51-year old woman, and I have to make the first attempt count.

Old 06-16-01, 12:35 PM
Elite Flooring/Ken Fisher
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb

Cher:

The only drawback I've seen with stapledown engineered floors of that dimension is the product being used. If they're tight milled they may require the use of a tapping block to put the boards in place then stapled. If that's the case be gentle as it doesn't take much to damage the tongue.

http://www.bruce.com has some good information on staple down floors.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: