Pergo Outlast Laminate Floor

Old 01-23-21, 11:39 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Pergo Outlast Laminate Floor

I need help removing milky white spots that are suddenly appearing on my Pergo Outlast laminate floor. I have used only vinegar and water in a spray bottle to clean the floors. I have no idea what these spots are or why they are suddenly appearing after 3 years. These spots are in my kitchen, hallway, and family room. I contacted Pergo and they suggested I try using 1/3 cup ammonia with a gallon of water. Nothing. I've searched the web and have tried using rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide with baking powder, toothpaste, and distilled water. When I run my hand over the spots, they feel smoothe--I don't feel a build-up. I've had no other issues with my Pergo floor. Any ideas? Please and thank you.

Old 01-24-21, 07:38 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
My guess is that something you were carrying dripped. I would try straight vinegar or a mineral dissolving cleaner like CLR on one of the spots. Spray and let it soak a few minutes then scrub with a toothbrush and see if that removes any of the spot. If you see it removing the stain from the high spots then it's a good indication it's working and you can decide if you want to repeat and focus on scrubbing with the grain to remove stain that's trapped in the valley's of the floor's texture.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: