Laminate Buckling?

Old 09-09-01, 03:53 PM
mrtex
Visiting Guest
Cool

I have just removed carpet from 4 rooms in my house do to flooding. I was thinking about re-flooring these rooms using some of the new glue-less laminated floorings. I have heard from several people about possible problems with this floor type buckling once they get wet. Is this a known problem or just isolated incidences. Also does anyone know of any calculators I might be able to use to compare the cost of tile vs. the laminates?

Old 09-09-01, 04:56 PM
AzFred
Visiting Guest
ANY wood product flooring is subject to problems from excessive moisture and/or water!! That includes Hardwood, Engineered hardwood, laminate that requires glue to assemble and glueless laminate. As a matter of fact concrete and ceramic tile are the only flooring materials that are low risk when it comes to excess or standing water. The most common reasons for hardwood or laminate flooring to buckle is failure to properly acclimate the flooring to the installation site or failure to leave expansion space, or put another way, failure to properly install the floor. For a price comparison shop for price per square foot. Of course the low bidders product will cause you more grief than most people can tolerate. Research your choices and make a call based on what you learn. My web site will help guide you through the engineered and laminate floating floor considerations. Click on the red house below to go there, you will not find or receive a solicitation to buy anything.

Old 09-10-01, 03:11 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
www.azfred.com

In case you haven't delved too deeply into this forum, azfred's URL is: http://www.azfred.com.

His site is very informative. Let us know what you decide to do and why!
Good Luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: