laminate flooring

Old 09-29-01, 05:23 PM
Visiting Guest
I have purchased some laminate planks at a huge buyout discount, unfortunately these planks came off the end or beginning of a run and my wife and I had to sort through 600 planks to fing the 210 that we needed. The planks were all loose and there were no directions for installation. Where is a good place to find out the basics on how to?
There is no more available, therefore I've only got one shot at doing this right. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 09-29-01, 05:43 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Laminate installation

You did not indicate if this was a plastic or wood laminate product. Perhaps the manufacturer has a website with installation procedures. You can also do a search on this site for installation procedures. You can also do a search on your favorite search engine for plastic or wood laminate installation procedures and find many helpful sites and tips. Figure the cost of the amount of the square feet you paid for vs. the amount of square feet you were able to use to see if you got a real bargain. The product you purchased was more than likely one that came without a product warranty. Following manufacturer's installation instructions are important to product warranties.

Old 09-30-01, 06:27 AM
AzFred
Visiting Guest
Is It All The Same?

How do you know that the so called "good" planks are all the same brand, thickness, same assembly system, and have a wear surface at all? This sounds like perfect timing, Halloween will be this month so scary stuff is timely and this buy is sure scary! More specific info is needed to offer suggestions. Good Luck

Old 09-30-01, 03:23 PM
Visiting Guest
Yes, halloween is upon us (Good Point!), however ive purchased the flooring two months ago, its just that my wife is driving me crazy wanting it installed. She's assuring me that we don't need to pay to have it installed and that i can do it!
All the laminate planks are of the same size/thickness, its just that alot of the boards we sorted through had ink blots on them and discolorations that we had to through out to find enough good ones.
No i dont think it has a warranty, but at $.75 a sq ft. we bought extra to compensate.

Not sure what other info is needed?

Old 10-01-01, 03:34 AM
Bazooka227
Visiting Guest
Wow, 2/3rds waste. That makes it $2.25/sq ft, about average price for new laminate floor w/directions. Is it possible for you to return it?

If not, you should probably try dry fitting them together first to make sure you have enough and that they match up. You may be able to salvage some of the ones w/the splotches by using those to be cut.

Old 10-01-01, 03:58 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Laminate installation

On the Home Page of our DIY site, click Home Improvement How Tos and then click Laminate for helpful info. You can also do a search of this forum for additional discussion. A search on your favorite search engine will also reveal many helpful sites.

[Edited by twelvepole on 10-01-01 at 12:43]

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: