Mohawk Seneca Laminate Flooring

Old 01-28-02, 08:55 AM
Visiting Guest
Angry Mohawk Seneca Laminate Flooring

I have recently purchased 670 sqft of the Mohawk Seneca Laminate Flooring and the installation has not been going smoothly. I have had two professional installers come in to try and install the product and give up. The panels will not lock together, no matter how hard you tap it together. Has anyone had a similar problem?

I have been told that since this is a new construction and we don't have the power turned on in the house yet that the laminate may be to cold? Is this possible?

Any help will be appreciated

Old 01-28-02, 09:28 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Installing laminate

Laminate, like wood, needs to acclimate to the temperature and humidity conditions of the home. The HVAC should be installed and running and temperature and humidity at occupancy levels. Soil in crawl spaces should be covered with a vapor barrier. There should be no standing water. There should be adequate foundation ventilation with no dead air spaces. If installing over a basement, the basement should be dry and concrete cured. If installing on concrete, concrete should be dry and cured and sealing is recommended. Following manufacturer's recommendations for job site conditions, acclimation, surface prep, and installation is recommended to maintain manufacturer's product warranties.

Old 01-28-02, 06:43 PM
AzFred
Visiting Guest
Your job site is not ready for wood flooring of any kind yet. What climate is involved? Your laminate flooring will, most likely, fail if you are installing on concrete that is less than 16 weeks old from moisture problems. Fail from lack of accumulation, and expansion.

Old 02-10-02, 02:56 PM
Visiting Guest
I am having the same problem with my glueless laminate flooring (FloorQuest USA made in Germany). No matter what we do, it will not "click" into place, leaving a gap between planks that needs to be tapped together. This results in the edges of the surface chipping due to all the tapping, and even then, they do not lock together. I've had the unopened boxes lying flat in the room they are to be installed in for weeks. The home is not new construction, it is 6 yrs. old and the plywood subfloor is in perfect condition. Is it possible the laminate floor is warped or damaged? It was stored in my garage, which is dry but cold, for about a month before I brought it into the room. Help!

Old 02-10-02, 05:28 PM
AzFred
Visiting Guest
Lisa; You have a real "No Name" so I can't comment on the product. *I thought I knew them all* You should allow your planks to acclimate for several days before trying to assemble them.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: