staggering joints?

Old 03-05-02, 11:56 AM
shdogrunner
Visiting Guest
Question staggering joints?

Hi,

I'm thinking about installing Uniclic in my kitchen and adjoining LR and DR. I purchased a box of the "wood" type for the LR and DR some time ago and it seems like a very good product. For the kitchen I wanted to install the "tile" type (15"+ squares). Is this product as good? I bought a box of formica fastlock (and quickly returned it) and laid some down just to look at and was very unhappy because I could see all the seams.

If I should go with this product, is staggering the joints as is done with the "wood" type not needed? I can't understand how the joints can be staggered and still achieve the grid look of a ceramic tile installation.

Thanks for any info. Susan

Old 03-06-02, 04:20 PM
T
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Installing Uniclic laminate tiles

Each laminate manufacturer has its own specific installation procedures. Go to www.quick-step.com/eng/laminatetiles_uniclic.asp and click 'laminate tiles' to see patterns. Click 'installation' for tips.

Old 03-07-02, 06:14 PM
AzFred
Visiting Guest
You can stagger the tiles as well. The stagger will make for a stronger floor. That said; most don't stagger tiles. Best bet is to lay out about a 5 to 6 foot area before you start and make a "call" at that time. Another idea is to use 2 complimenting tile colors and checkerboard the lay out. BHK Uniclic used this design at the industry trade show (Surfaces) last month in Las Vegas and it was a show stopper knock out. They used tan (BHK062 Florence) and cream color (BHK 064 Aspen) I think, as the colors. BHK Uniclic

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: