Laminate flooring popping up ! Help

Old 03-14-02, 01:27 PM
showdog
Visiting Guest
Question Laminate flooring popping up ! Help

I had laminate flooring put down in my house about a year ago and now it is popping up in some sections, as I walk on some sections I get a popping sound . It was glued of course as I am on a slab. How do I fix this. It was installed by contractors from Home Depot. Of course when I called and talked with the salesman he said he would call back and you know he has just not gotten around to contacting me. Help someone !

Old 03-14-02, 07:11 PM
T
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wood laminate coming up

As the year after installation comes to an end, so will any installation warranties if there were any. The solution may be as simple as removing and regluing the loose boards. This may not be a permanent solution as other boards may come loose or the same boards may come loose again. Sometimes this is due to failure to properly acclimate the product, adhesive failure, failure to use a vapor retarder such as 6 mil polyethylene film, moisture in the floor, or other reasons. The squeaky wheel gets the most grease, so you need to drive to Home Depot and tell the manager about this problem. After the year is up, you are on your own. Keep a journal just in case!

Old 03-14-02, 07:58 PM
AzFred
Visiting Guest
Best get at it immediately. Is the flooring Pergo, I suspect so. If the installer was a certified Pergo Installer, you should get relief both for the flooring and the installation but you must persist.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: