laminate floor comparisons

Old 03-17-02, 06:52 PM
teesa
Visiting Guest
Question laminate floor comparisons

We are getting ready to replace carpeting with wood laminate flooring in the kitchen, living room, hallway, and possibly bedrooms, and are comparing prices, reliability, and especially brands. I am looking for feedback as to what to avoid or what you would look for in companies. Some time ago I ran across a great website that did an excellent job of a side by side comparison but I'm not able to find that now. Can anyone help? Thank you!

Old 03-17-02, 08:01 PM
T
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Selecting a wood laminate floor

Every manufacturer tends to sell a good, better, best quality of product. The thickness of the real wood veneer layer, the number of coats of finish and the finish warranty, and the price tend to vary accordingly. Veneer layers are typically 1/8" or less. Some of these products have a veneer layer so thin that they could never be refinished. Buy the best product you can afford to buy, meaning a thick veneer layer and a good finish warranty (some have 25 yr.). Read and follow manufacturer's instructions carefully re: surface prep, acclimation of the product, recommended installation method, etc. in order to maintain product warranties. Most of these products are stapled or nailed down (most secure method), some are glued down (use manufacturer's recommended adhesive), and some are floated in.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: