Flooring Level Nightmare!

Old 03-25-02, 09:35 AM
dre1988
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Flooring Level Nightmare!

I just finished installing a laminate floor at my house. Unfortunately, at the front of the house is a section of tile that is at a lower level than the combination of the wood floor and underlayment. I left a space in which to place the track for the wood floor reducer strip. The floor here is ever lower than the tile section. The track for the reducer strip is so low down that the reducer strip itself can't even get into the track. This strip won't work well anyway because of the difference in floor height. It will end up being raised at the front. I am think of filling up the track with cement and placing a metal strip over it that I can pound down onto the tile. This is a tough situation. Has anybody experienced anything similar? Does anyone have any ideas? I really need to help on this. It is a the front section of my home. I'm thinking about just wandering around Home Depot looking for anything that will work!

Thanks,
AL

Old 03-25-02, 03:57 PM
AzFred
Visiting Guest
What IS the elevation difference? Is a metal Tee or transition acceptable? Did you check the site for flatness?

Old 03-26-02, 07:05 AM
dre1988
Visiting Guest
The elevation difference is about 1/4". What is a metal Tee? I am a new homeowner. The site is flat on both levels. Here are two pictures of the problem area.

Thanks!

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/expense88.../floor+problem

Last edited by dre1988; 03-26-02 at 06:34 PM.
Old 03-26-02, 08:38 PM
AzFred
Visiting Guest
I've sent an Email that offers a picture of a molding that could help. I'm not sure the forum allowed the message to go forward. Send me an Email or visit my site for additional assistance.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: