Real Hardwood Floor Comparisons

Old 03-28-02, 09:54 AM
Augmon
Visiting Guest
Real Hardwood Floor Comparisons

I'm building a home and looking for comparisons on which hardwood flooring to lay in my new home. I've seen prices from $3 to $11 SqFt. I know there are harder canadian woods and so on. But do I really need it.

My house is 5600 sqft and the majority of it will be hardwood. Therefore I need to keep the cost down and would like some advice.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-02, 10:26 AM
Locy's Hardwood
Visiting Guest
Are you looking for pre finished or unfinished . you could try going to www.lumberliquidator.com they have some pricing and quality wood floring for you to look at

Old 03-28-02, 03:11 PM
Elite Flooring/Ken Fisher
Visiting Guest
Keep the cost down?

One could look into lower grades of hardwood flooring. That's not to say the quality isn't there, but you'll find more character and color within these grades as they are more abundant than the premium grades such as clear and select.

Another site to check out would be...

http://www.floorspecials.com/shopfloors.asp?flr=2

Old 03-28-02, 05:39 PM
AzFred
Visiting Guest
5600 foot Cottage

I understand frugal. I also understand that that material and workmanship can enhance or degrade your investment. A home the size of yours offers more opportunity for either.

Old 03-28-02, 05:44 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Shopping for hardwood floors

When shopping for lower grades of wood, you tend to sacrifice quality of finish as well as finish warranties. It depends where you shop as to the price per square foot. You can frequently find an online source that can offer you better prices than you can find locally even if you have to pay the freight. Oak still dominates the most popular choice for wood floors. Maple and hickory are also popular. Some of the exotic species, which tend to be much harder and denser than our American species, are becoming popular choices.