Painting hardwood floors

Old 03-28-02, 05:11 PM
D. Lynn
Visiting Guest
Painting hardwood floors

I took up the carpet in a spare bedroom that I plan to turn into a home office. There are dark (almost black) stains in a pattern outside the area that the bed was located in. I'm not sure if these stains were caused by dog urine or not. I don't want to go to the expense of trying to refinish the floor, so I was thinking about painting the floor in the middle of the room where the stain is to "look like" an area rug. I plan to use a solid color and stencil around the edge. Can this be done (painting a hardwood floor) and if so, what kind of paint do I use? If it turns out that I hate it afterwards, can the paint be removed? Or is it permanent to the point that I would have no other choice but to put down another carpet? I really don't like carpet. Does anyone have any tips?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-02, 09:02 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Painting wood floors

Go to www.paintedwoodfloors.com for some great pictures. Go to http://www.doityourself.com/woodfloo...stenciling.htm for very helpful info. If you decide later to redo the floors, paint can be stripped or sanded off the floors.