Pole Sander

Old 04-01-02, 10:34 AM
WillyUWA
Visiting Guest
Wink Pole Sander

Hi, I've also got a problem with the hardwood floor having been painted in my house. Would it be possible since it is only one layer of paint and had been painted recently to use a stripper to remove the paint and then use a pole sander? Or do I have to rent a drum sander? The floors look to be in ok shape.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-02, 08:36 AM
Locy's Hardwood
Visiting Guest
depending on the size of the area you could use a stripper but it tends to be very messy. i have found that it is easier to sand. yes a drum sander will work for this and you will need an edger for the perimitor. i hate it when people paint hardwood floors it makes my job even harder... good luck

Old 04-02-02, 12:04 PM
Libor
Visiting Guest
You could strip, then drum sand. Or just drum sand. But either way, you won't get around drum sanding.

The drum sander with a coarse-grain belt will take up the thickest paint you can imagine. Yet, the advantage of stripping first is you'll get up a lot of the stuff that'll gunk up your belts. It'll save you from having to buy and change as many belts. On the other hand, if you don't mind changing a lot of belts...and there is a trick to it...that's a way to go, too.