Hard wood floor and marble combination

Old 04-09-02, 12:08 PM
handymanwannabe
Visiting Guest
Question Hard wood floor and marble combination

I have a hardwood floor in my door entrance thru the hallway including downstair powder room. I want to continue the hard wood floor to my family room (replacing the carpet)but at the same time I want to add a marble floor 4 feet x 5 feet wide in the center area of my family room.By the I have a marble fire place that's why I want to add marble in the family room.
Question: How do I join wood and marble without a noticeable gap. Is there a technique about this type of construction. Please advise. (I am planning to use the 12" x 12" marble tile).

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-02, 05:30 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Combining hardwood and marble

Check with the dealer of your hardwood flooring for transitional strips. If the two floor covering products will be of the same height, you can use T-mouldings. If the marble is going to be lower than the wood, you will need reducers. Make sure you use the recommended concrete underlayment beneath the marble, as well as unsanded grout. Make sure marble and grout are properly sealed. To to www.stonecare.com and www.ntc-stone.com for marble sealing, cleaning, and maintenance info. Go to www.installingwoodfloors.com for installation tips.