wood or pergo flooring

Old 04-19-02, 04:11 AM
Sharon Read
Visiting Guest
wood or pergo flooring

I have a new three season room that I would like to put a wood floor or pergo in. I am told I cannot use pergo but I want something that I can install myself. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-02, 05:51 AM
Locy's Hardwood
Visiting Guest
depending on the weather in your area there are several types of wood that you can use. i would recomend mahagony. you can get it at most home improvement centers and its pretty simple to install go to www.woodfloorsonline.com for more info

Old 04-19-02, 09:13 PM
Katydid_Moira
Visiting Guest
Engineered?

How come you can't use Pergo? You might want to try engineered wood flooring...it's a pressed wood floor that has a thin finished veneer on the surface. Looks GREAT installed, and it is supposed to be fairly easy to do.

Good luck!

Old 04-20-02, 04:29 AM
Sharon Read
Visiting Guest
wood or pergo

I was told that pergo type flooring has a backing material that would swell with the humidity and exposure it would receive on an unheated porch. I am also considering ceramic tile. Any hints would be appreciated

Old 04-20-02, 07:27 AM
Katydid_Moira
Visiting Guest
Oh

Well, that makes perfect sense. Ceramic tile might be a good bet for a porch...that stuff is very durable and lasts a long time. Good luck!

Old 04-20-02, 11:53 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Floor covering for unheated area

Ceramic tile that has a frost proof rating would be the best floor covering for an area where there is no temperature or humidity control.