Hardwood Floor repair


Old 05-07-02, 06:37 AM
Anneli Kirby
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Hardwood Floor repair

I had a pipe burst in my bathroom and water flooded out of my bathroom into my hallway and on to my wood floors. A couple days later I noticed some buckling in the hallway. It is probable about a 5foot area that is showing damage. My question is, do I need to replace or sand the whole floor or do you think I could just sand that area. The buckling is only noticeable when you walk on it bearfoot. I appreciate any help thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-02, 01:05 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Do you know what kind of subfloor you have? If it's plywood, it should be able to withstand some minor amounts of water (though this sounds anything but minor) and return to normal. If it's this composite wood (the kind that looks like wood chips glued together), that stuff is notorious for behaving just the way you describe: bulges and humps caused by water that just won't go away. Give it some time. If no change, you may have to pull up the floor and replace the subfloor.
Old 05-07-02, 02:09 PM
Anneli Kirby
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
I don't believe we have the composite subfloor. Our house was built in 1945 so I'm not sure what was common then. I haven't seen anything that looks like wood chips.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: