Urgent!! Good quote or bad quote

Old 05-09-02, 07:44 AM
pujar
Visiting Guest
Question Urgent!! Good quote or bad quote

I have received a quote on hardwood flooring for my house, here are the details, could you please tell me if it sounds like a good deal or am I being cheated

Live in Framingham, MA
$6.5/sqft (includes product, material, labour everything)
oak, strip flooring
3/4" thickness
tongue-n-groove installation
1 coat of sealer, 2 coats of polyurethane finish

Could you please let me know asap

Old 05-09-02, 05:54 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Good quote or bad quote

Before proceeding with your project, get at least 3 quotes from licensed and insured contractors. Then, you have a basis for comparison. The license and insurance are very important. Should one of the workers get injured while on the job in your home or should your home incur some damage during the project, they need to be insured. Your homeowner's insurance will not cover injuries to workers or their damages. It is also important to go see some of the work done by the contractor, so you will need references.

Costs of labor and materials tend to vary from area to area in the country. Different grades of hardwood flooring also make a difference in the price, so you need to know a little more about the product that you will be getting as well as the type of finish that is being used and its manufacturer.

Two helpful sites for hardwood floors:

www.installingwoodfloors.com

www.finishingwoodfloors.com

Old 05-10-02, 03:20 AM
Elite Flooring/Ken Fisher
Visiting Guest
Patricia has everything covered. You could call in Jeff Hosking for a quote as well. He's only 15 miles from you.

www.floorboards.com

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: