laminate flooring

Old 06-08-02, 08:24 PM
pablo3
Visiting Guest
laminate flooring

Has anyone had any experience with installing the Quickstyle brand of laminate floors? They sell a product called Unifloor in various thicknesses (6mm, 7mm, 8mm, 12mm). I believe the company is based in Montreal, Quebec.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-02, 12:56 AM
Ken fisher
Visiting Guest
I don't know the answer but am curious of the three lines they offer after looking at their website. They are....

[ Unifloor Snap ] [ Unifloor Lite Snap ] [ Unifloor Click ]

Lite Snap?

Old 06-09-02, 12:58 AM
Ken fisher
Visiting Guest
By the way, if it is manufactured in Canada you may be one step ahead of those brands made elsewhere. Anyone notice any problems with trying to edit a post lately?

Old 06-09-02, 12:57 PM
pablo3
Visiting Guest
quality

Ken: Do you feel Canadian products are superior?

Old 06-09-02, 01:37 PM
Ken fisher
Visiting Guest
Pablo:

I really shouldn't answer that one when it comes to laminate manufacturers, as I don't deal with that many of them anymore. If Fred were around I'm sure he could provide some good insight. My opinions are based more on Canadian hardwood manufacturers. I see no reason why Canadian laminates wouldn't have the same quality.

I've dealt with a dozen or so laminates over the years and the one that impresses me the most is Uniclic, which I believe is manufactured in Belgium. It costs more but the quality is way up there.

Naturally there are many laminates out there and some may be of similiar quality that I'm unfamiliar with.

Old 06-09-02, 06:12 PM
AzFred
Visiting Guest
I've not had or seen a single good report on this product line but I have seen a few of the "other kind" Canada does make some very good MDF board products though. Generally the Canadain laminate products have had few cheer leaders and it may be because they position their products at the low end of the market and/or they use an unusual distribution chain. Either very large well known building material or flooring big box stores or high end premium dealers and advertising might help them. Most of the really good laminates are made in Germany and northern Europe. JMHO